Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 93 Old Toys Revisited

As a teacher I often changed the classroom environment with the kids; that is to say, as their interests, abilities, and needs changed so did the classroom. I swapped out books, toys, moved furniture, etc. to keep the classroom interesting and supportive of their development.  I'm trying to do the same for Temu, so tonight I'm moving things around a bit in his world - some toys and books are just being being moved from the family room to his bedroom and the other way around, but new toys are coming out, some current toys are getting temporarily shelved, and some old toys are coming back into rotation.

Earlier today I brought out some old favorites: the tent and the ring-stacker.  Temu loved the tent when he was younger, at first sitting in it and then enjoying the freedom to crawl in and out of it.  Today he brought his favorite stuffies in it as well as his music basket and gave quite a concert!  It's fun to see him use the same toys in different ways.
Then we got out the good ol' ring stacker and would you believe it...he figured out how to stack the rings!  We've been doing a lot of on/off, in/out, up/down, open/shut language-stuff (darn ESL-teacher-mama), so when I asked him to put the ring ON, he tried a couple times then did it.  Needless to say I clapped like a fool and made him repeat until I got a good photo.

















He actually got the green and yellow one on, too, but it's impossible to take a picture and clap like a crazy-lady at the same time.